With the convenient location of the Black Squirrel Farmhouse, you will find yourself within walking distance to many of Oconomowoc’s wonderful things to do. In summertime, you can spend the day at the Lac La Belle beach or watch a waterski show on Lake Fowler. There are out-door movie nights, gallery nights and concerts, restaurants and bars, and plenty of shopping to be found in downtown Oconomowoc.
For the outdoor enthusiast, there are bike trails, walking trails, and nearby Kettle Moraine State Forest where you can climb the tower at Lapham Peak. We are in what we call Lake Country because we are surrounded by lakes. The Black Squirrel Farmhouse is between Lac La Belle, Lake Fowler, and Silver Lake. Just down I-94 to the east, you will drive past Upper and Lower Nemahbin Lakes, Nagawicka Lake and Pewaukee Lake. Boating, paddling and fishing opportunities abound.
Visit the farmer’s market, or one of the nearby towns. Delafield, to the east, offers wonderful shopping and dining experiences. Johnson Creek, to the west, has the nearest outlet mall for bargain hunters.
Nearby Places within 1 Mile
You will see listings of local businesses under the map. Mobile users: please use your device in landscape mode so it will be more visible and easier to navigate.
Oconomowoc Area Events
- Local Events Calendar (live music, workshops, trivia, kids events)
- Performing Arts Calendar
- Saturday Summer Farmer’s Market
- Moonlit Movies at (Every other Thursday night in summer)
- Rent a boat or kayak
- Take a stroll or hike
- Play golf or another sport
- Imagination Station – all accessible playground
- Holy Hill ( Scenic Tower open May 1 – October 31 *weather permitting)
- Lapham Peak
- Oconomowoc Bike Trail
- Nashotah Park
- Ice Age Trail
- Wisconsin Dells, the Waterpark Capital of the World (less than a 90 minute drive)